THE STAIN OF GEORGE BUSH - PART DEUX
This is simple enough to write about, yet difficult all the same. Because this list is going to include Democrats who decided that association with George W. Bush was more beneficial than standing up for the values, principles and ethics that truly define the Democratic Party.
Most of them are members of the DLC/Blue Dog Coalition, and I don't need to bother naming them - they're the reason I developed this blog. Yet, there are others who got momentarily drunk on GOP Grog, or feeding at the corporate trough and lost their natural minds. This is part two of "The Stain of George Bush".
Ah, hell, I may as well list DLC/Blue Dog Members, too; it's more fun!
The Democratic Party is supposed to be an opposition party. Yet from the fraternizing done by the likes of the few I will name here, you couldn't tell where the opposition is. However, they are just as stained from their association with Bush, and smell just as foul. Roadkill probably has a better scent.
(1) The Gang of 73 who voted for that Bankruptcy Bill - I would love to have a camera trained in the offices or Town Hall Meetings of every one of these gang members when they return to their districts and explain to their constituents who probably are on the brink of needing to file bankruptcy, just to get financial relief and make a fresh start, why they are voting to send them to Debtor's Prison? According to statistics at TechPolitics.org, the cost of their vote that was paid by the Credit Card and Banking Industry? On average, $8000.
Never have I known a congressional vote to be bought so cheaply.
But we all know, these gang members aren't going to allow themselves to be cornered and confronted in this manner anytime soon. If they do, it is strictly by accident. Most notably, the 20 members who wrote Denny Hastert, urging him to bring the House version of the BK bill for a swift passage vote, need to be on television, explaining to their constituents why they are asking them to give up eating hamburger for cat and dog food.
(2) Democratic Members of Congress who think the privatization of Social Security was a good idea and allowed themselves to be seen either promoting it, or welcoming Bush to their states to promote it. If I start naming everybody who's guilty of this, most likely, you are going to find their names on the list of losers voting for the BK Bill and other legislation designed to take out their districts in large numbers. These congress Critters KNOW WHO THEY ARE, so don't think I'm hiding you out because I'm not naming names...yet.
(3) Joe Lieberman - Long before this picture of Bush kissing Lieberman began to make the blog rounds, Lieberman was suspected of being a Democrat in Name Only (DINO). It started with him dissing Bill Clinton about the Monica Lewinsky scandal. The family usually reprimands a wayward member privately, but no, Lieberman ran to the floor of Congress, screaming to be the first in Line to diss Dear Leader Clinton. That kiss from Bush at the SOTU this year is more like the kiss Judas gave to Jesus.
(4) Dianne Feinstein - California's Senior Senator has really been pissing off us Californians. First, she had the opportunity to keep the Governor's office in Democratic hands if she had ran for the seat against Ah-nold "Boobengrabber" Schwarzneggar. Does she do the right thing?
NOOOOOOO, she stays out of the whole recall mess and allows Gray Davis to be hoisted by her petard and left hanging. Her cheerleading of Condoleezza Rice did NOTHING to endear her to us; and the fact that her husband ripped off the United Carpenter's Union when he, under the guise of being their "investor" proceeded to invest their pension and lose the investments to the tune of some $40 million dollars, while Feinstein's hubby himself pocketed a cool $8 million in commission. Did I forget to mention that her husband's antics probably violated a slew of Federal laws; most notably the one where a union can't invest the pension fund of it's members unless THEY VOTE ON IT. That didn't happen.
Plus, she's too chummy with Lieberman, and defends Bush's policies and nominees more than questioning them. That alone landed her on this list. Not to mention, she's been in Bush's presence far more than we in Northern California would like.
(5) The Gang of 15 Sellouts who Voted for CAFTA - everyone's after this bunch. NO amount of time in the spin zone can wash away the stain or stench of being associated with Bush on legislation guaranteed to send more jobs out of the country, and assist in relegating America to the third world status of the nations in that Agreement. Guess Greg Meeks likes his corporate sponsored Jamaican vacations too much to do the right thing, huh?
(6) The 47 Democrats who flew back to Washington over Palm Sunday/Easter recess and decided that Congress' job was to interfere in a person's right to live or die (Terri Schaivo). Even though at least 70% of the country said it was NONE OF CONGRESS' BUSINESS! Those who voted for that legislation designed to prolong the life of one, brain-dead white woman, who was in a comatose, persistent, vegatative state; who had been examined by at least 20 doctors and told there was no hope for recovery - well, all I can say is they must have been thinking they were doctors like Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, and made similar diagnosis from a video tape. And Bush interrupted his vacation to sign this into law - when he wouldn't interrupt his August 6, 2001 vacation in light of receiving a memo titled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike U.S." Imagine where America would be if he had!
Frist is being challenged about his right to retain a licence to practice medicine in the state of Tennessee - while the 47 Democrats who voted with him should be jailed for impersonating God and members of the medical profession, while imitating Bush and interrupting their recess to act like the President they so admire. Oh, the smell of this....
(7) The Gang of Seven "MIA" Democrats who didn't vote on the Federal Budget - There's no excuse for your failing to not show up and vote on the most important piece of Legislation - save for Articles of Impeachment, that is. Yet, seven of you didn't bother to show up, but you probably showed up to vote on legislation that harms more than helps your district, and sells out the middle and working class who voted for you. I mean, this bloated, pork-laden budget passed by only seven votes. And their absence allowed it to happen. In fact, one representative was too busy in his district slurping down coon at a "coon supper" to go to DC and cast a vote one way or the other.
The Stain of being Associated with George Bush. These Congressional members may believe that they aren't associated with him at all. Yet, their votes and support for egregious, harmful legislation demonstrates more association with Dear Leader than they care to admit (to themselves and their constituents, anyway). And the stain starts out as a stain - then it becomes a sore that festers and rots, developing a foul stench that smells like the death of one's soul, until that individual dies.
They don't die physically, but they die in all the other ways that matter; emotionally, spiritually and morally. Once you have died this way, you may as well be dead physically, for all the earthly good you do anybody.
Is one's soul the price they pay for associating with George W. Bush? You be the judge...