Stop Social Security Privatization! Bush and the House GOP are warming up to privatize social security and gamble your retirement with their Wall Street Cronies. Sign the Pledge to Protect Social Security! Get this ad for your site. Paid for by the DCCC.

Friday, March 04, 2005

THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY: ON LIFE SUPPORT?

Lest readers of this blog think no one else reads this blog because of the difficulty in posting comments (many readers send me emails, which is better because I like to respond), I want to say people do read this blog, and I will work to make it easier for you to respond to the blog entries.

The reason for my introduction is that today's blog entry is posing a question I received from one of the readers of this blog. His name is Bill.

Bill sent me an email. Here's what he had to say:


"Hey there- well done Ms L- going right to the heart of the matter. Almost!. Now all ya got ta do is go one step further. Your are now ready to state openly that the Democratic Party is DEAD! Yup Ms L- they are dead - and the sooner we all admit that the quicker we can get on with the business of forming a new party that will have the power to "Honestly" represent the citizenry of this country!
It is a tough admission but all ya got ta do is look back over the "dem" votes during that past couple of confirmation hearings. You tell me- how many dems voted with the gop? It is not a disgrace Ms L- It is the death knell of the democratic party in this country. Lets talk because as much as you want to Brilliantly attack the dlc, it really is a much bigger problem and let me tell you something- the sooner we admit it, the sooner we can get started on what will be a generational program that we both may not live to see the fruit of our efforts!"


All I'm going to challenge readers to do is think: IS BILL'S PRONOUNCEMENT OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY ON TARGET? Is it time to pull the plug on attempts to rescuitatate and declare the party dead? Should we form a new party or become Greens or Independents?

I'd like to hear from you on this matter. If it's too difficult to post a response, send me an email to either Leutisha_Stills@sfdph.org or leutishastills@hotmail.com.

Have a Good Weekend! Spring Training has begun and all is well...for now, LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home