I don't care how many times I've heard that the Thug Party won the White House based on "moral values", but as stated the in article "Are these 'Moral Values?' ", I, too, get angry as I watch the faith I also love, get hijacked by fundamentalists who claim they have the Lord's ear and are speaking for Him in supporting:
- starting war under false pretenses
- avoid fighting in Vietnam, but attacks the one who did on their "patriotism"
- spending $40 million on Inaugural Balls during a time of war;
- using hatred to divide a nation
- saying anyone who doesn't support Bush is not a Christian
Read about it here: http://thehollandsentinel.net/stories/011605/opi_011605050.shtml
On to another topic: We need people to stand up and let us know when they are pimping in "the Name of the Lord" for that Faith-Based money from the Bush Administration, as indicated here: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-faith18jan18,0,2826429.story?coll=la-home-headlines
This Administration is making a mockery of everything Dr. King stood for. Dr. King not only had a Dream; he also laid out the strategy for getting things done.
At this point, thanks to the DLC, we don't even have a plan, much less a Dream...